The Vario is a commercial grinder with 54mm ceramic flat burrs with a throughput of 1.9 grams per second and an innovative, macro/micro grind adjustment with 230 settings. The sleek contemporary design, small footprint, and adjustability for any style of coffee
also make it perfect as a home grinder.
We are incredibly impressed with this versatile grinder. Holly Bastin, PT's Epsresso Trainer, wrote a review of the Vario and the Rancilio Silvia home espresso machine. She takes this grinder through the rigors for home espresso enthusiasts. Read the review here!
o Mahlkonig 54mm ceramic flat burrs:
- Stay sharper longer. Ceramic has a 1.5 -2.0X longer life than steel burrs.
- Keeps the coffee cool by limiting the amount of heat transferred from the burrs to the grinds.
o Grind on Demand with Electronic Dosing:
- Grinds only the coffee you require for each shot directly into your espresso portafilter.
- Eliminates the risk of stale ground coffee common in mechanical dosing units.
- 0.1 second adjustable steps (0.2 grams )
- Three, user programmable grind time buttons
o Innovative dual cam grind adjustment:
- The right hand lever lets you choose what type of grind you’d like.
- The lever on the left lets you fine tune the grind within the range you’ve selected for a perfect grind.
- Over 230 grind settings available.
- Universally adjustable brackets for any portafilter.
- Allows for hands free operation.
o Super quiet operation using belt drive.
o Powerful DC motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits extended grinding time. The circuitry is equipped with an automatic reset thermal switch.
o Dimensions: WxHxD 4.5” x 14.5” x 7.25
o Weight: 10 pounds
o In the box: Grinder, Hopper, Lid, Grounds bin, PortaHolder, and Instruction manual