The Wave Series from Kalita is the premier coffee dripper available on the market. The flat-bottom coffee bed geometry, patented "Wave" filter, and three-hole design work together to provide an even extraction that makes brewing a perfect cup accessible and easy.
Perfect your brewing technique with the Wave Series Stainless Steel Kettle. When making hand crafted coffee, it is essential to use a gooseneck kettle for precision pouring techniques and even extraction. The curved neck provides greater control of the pour speed while the pinched lip keeps your pour accurate.
Complete your set with the Kalita Glass Server. A perfect fit for the Kalita Wave brewers it provides a hassle-free way to decant your freshly-brewed coffee.
We recommend a 15:1 water to coffee ratio (ground Auto-Drip to slightly coarser) when brewing with the Wave.
- Below is how we would brew a single cup of coffee.
- Pre-wet the filter with hot water to help pre-heat the Wave
- Add 27 grams of ground coffee
- You can pre-weigh your water in your kettle or brew directly on the scale (recommended), but you will want 405mL (13.70oz) of water fresh off the boil
- Pour the bloom, or pre-wet the grounds and wait for 30 seconds
- After the 30 seconds has passed, pour the remainder of the water in the dripper in a tight circular motion in the center, avoiding the edge
- Maintain the bloom throughout the pour. Your kettle should be empty after about 2:00 to 2:15 mins.
Kalita Wave #185 Dripper - Stainless Steel
- Dishwasher safe stainless steel
- Weight: 5.6 oz (160 g)
Kalita Wave Stainless Steel Kettle
- 1 Liter Volume
- 18-8 Stainless steel with removable wood accents
- Stovetop and Induction compatible
Kalita Wave Glass Server
- 500ml capacity
- Made from heat-resistant glass